Monday 25 January 2010

postheadericon Indian Head Massage for Young People


I've been very lucky over the last few years to have been able to give Indian Head Massage treatments to young people. On every occasion, I have been struck by the positive impact that the therapy has had on the young person, in terms of their posture and general feeling of relaxation. Often we see teenagers hunched over their school desks or slouched at their PCs, so it is very important what we take a conscious move as parents and therapists to encourage good posture and self awareness of health at an early age. I ran a workshop at the International Forum for Child Welfare in 2008 when it came to Cardiff and was very pleased to be able to attend a presentation by a Carmarthenshire voluntary sector organisation, offering massage to school children (www.cycaonline.org/holistic-therapies). You can find out more about Massage in Schools here: www.misa.org.uk. When I first started providing therapies for children, I did some web research to find out what other services ere available in the locality. I stumbled upon Clover House in Bristol (http://www.cloverhouse.org/index.php) which is a holistic therapy centre for children. I am hoping to make links with the Centre and visit soon, to see what they do. I have worked in children's services both in health and local government for many years and am acutely aware of the issues around parental consent, child protection and Safeguarding. So I feel confident that with parental / guardian's consent and parents/guardians in attendance that giving these therapies is a positive move. I am also a magistrate, so I have been CRB and police checked for different roles at different times.

0 comments:

Red Raven.....

Red Raven.....
Look for the Logo!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Edwardsville, Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Nia Thomas, otherwise known as Red Raven Therapy has been a complementary therapist since 2006 and is a Reiki practitioner, Reflexologist, Indian Head Massage Therapist Thai Foot Massage Therapist and a Coach in Edwardsville, Merthyr Tydfil near Pontypridd, Caerphilly and Cardiff

Red Raven Tweets

Red Raven Tweets

Search This Blog